How to Virtually Visit Portland
As evangelists of the fun and quirky assets of our city, we’ve always stood behind the “Keep Portland Weird” mantra; right now, however, that phrase takes a backseat to this prevailing thought: “Keep Portland Healthy!”
We are all pulling together in unprecedented times, and we want you to stay safe. While now isn’t the time for nonessential travel during the COVID-19 pandemic, there is plenty of time for armchair traveling to all the things that make Portland and the state of Oregon worth visiting. We’re delighted to share these virtual visits to fill your days with a taste of local attractions, retailers, arts, films and more.
We look forward to serving you at Hotel Eastlund in the near future, once it’s safe!
- Stream Movies and Pilots Shot in Oregon — Travel Oregon has put together an incredible list of stream-worthy films, series and online television shows with the state or city of Portland set as its backdrop. Put yourself here! From the series Shrill to the film Point Break, you’ll find plenty for the watch list. Start here.
- Take a Virtual Timbers Venue Tour — No sooner did the Timbers soccer season heat up the field than the pandemic hit and postponed season matches. Still, that won’t stop fans from checking out the Providence Park venue, or streaming past match highlights here!
- Order Books From Powell’s City of Books Online — Portland’s most famed book shop (and its sister locations) hit an economic roadblock when it had to temporarily close its brick-and-mortar storefronts, but word got out and with the power of online shopping networks, readers are still frequenting the largest independent new and used bookseller in the world. Find a great book from this Travel Portland curated list of books by hometown authors.
- Enjoy Portland’s Tasty Takeout and Delivery — Our friends at Eater Portland wasted no time making sure locals remained well fed! If you’re new to the Portland restaurant scene, these are still great starting points for some of the city’s favorite places to eat. Whet your appetite here!
- Support, Subscribe and Stream Local Fine and Performing Arts — Portland Monthly is keeping a rotating, constantly refreshed list of ways anyone can donate, stream and virtually tour galleries, venues and shows from fine and performing artists throughout the community. You’re just a few clicks from keeping Portland arts alive!
- Keep the Kids Entertained — Because parenting has not been canceled, PDX Parent has built a robust Kids Calendar overflowing with online opportunities for children. Check out online story times, concerts and classes, plus local programs to help Portland families. From fitness activities and tech camps, to puppet shows and backyard science in nature, you’ll wonder why we weren’t doing this sooner!
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, a stay at our Portland boutique hotel means you’ll be close to the best destinations, restaurants, and things to do in Portland. The team at Hotel Eastlund looks forward to helping you discover our beautiful city in the near future.