5 Ways to Stay Warm in Portland This Winter
Feeling chilly? Though Portland has relatively mild winter weather, there’s still enough bite in the air to want to bundle up. Here are a few ways to stay warm during your stay at Hotel Eastlund as you plan your holiday trip to Portland.
- Cozy Up Fireside. You won’t even have to leave the comfort of our luxury Portland hotel to find warmth this winter. Head to the rooftop to find our restaurant, Altabira City Tavern complete with blazing fire pits to cozy up around and sweeping views of the downtown Portland skyline.
- Warm Your Heart. Nothing warms the heart quite like fine art! Head to Portland Playhouse to catch a soul-warming performance of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol (now through December 29) or the inspiring production of No Candy (January 16-February12).
- Sip Toasty Beverages. Raise a glass (or mug) to winter with a toasty seasonal beverage. Whether you’re searching for boozy hot cocoa, a perfectly roasted cup of coffee, winter cider, or a spice-infused chai latte, Portland has plenty of options. Start with a Spanish coffee from Huber’s Café, mixed and flamed tableside and topped with fresh whipped cream and nutmeg, just a few minutes from our Portland hotel.
- Break a Sweat. If you’re looking for a healthy way to warm up, try breaking a sweat with a fun and challenging exercise class. Cycling addicts will love BurnCycle, Portland’s own trendy, high-energy spin class. If you’re a yogi, there are dozens of studios in the city that offer drop-in classes to suit your style, from meditative Kundalini Yoga to the more intense Bikram Yoga.
- Fire Up Your Appetite. Cold days call for comfort food, especially when you’re in one of the best foodie cities in the country! What could be better than a steaming bowl of Pho on a rainy winter day? This Vietnamese noodle soup is the perfect way to warm up and it’s plentiful in Portland. Need a recommendation? Try one of our local favorites, XinhXinh Vietnamese Bistro.
Whether you’re traveling on business and looking for day-trip ideas or staying for a holiday getaway, at our downtown Portland boutique hotel you’ll be close to the best destinations, restaurants, and things to do in Portland. The team at Hotel Eastlund looks forward to helping you discover our beautiful city.