Where to Find Fall Color in Portland
Wrap up in your favorite sweater, grab some hot cocoa and get your camera ready for some fantastic, autumnal beauty in Portland. The city has transformed into an explosion of vibrant reds, oranges and yellows and you won’t want to miss it! Check out the five leafy destinations below to revel in Portland’s fall foliage.
- Cathedral Park.Known as one of the camping sites of explorers Lewis and Clark, Cathedral Park is steeped in rich history and provides a tranquil refuge for present-day visitors. The striking fall colors juxtaposed with the gothic spires of the St. Johns Bridge make this park a standout autumn location.
- Hoyt Arboretum. With over 190 acres, 12 miles of hiking trails and more species of shrubs and trees than any other arboretum in the country, Hoyt Arboretum is the perfect place to find brilliant big leaf maples, magnolias, firs and much more. Plus, it’s just minutes away from our Portland luxury hotel!
- Pittock Mansion. Savor spectacular panoramic views of the Cascade Mountains and explore colorful hiking trails leading to Forest Park at the historic Pittock Mansion, a one-of-a-kind French Renaissance-style chateau.
- Portland Japanese Garden. Tucked away in Washington Park, Portland’s beautiful Japanese Garden boasts fiery-hued maples peppered between peaceful ponds, native evergreens, a bonsai terrace and more. The Japanese Garden might just be Portland’s best and most unique spot for fall photo ops.
- South Park Blocks. The arching canopy of the South Park Blocks provides a gorgeous leaf-strewn oasis in the heart of downtown for those who are short on time. Take a leisurely stroll between Southwest Salmon and Jackson streets amongst an array of oak, maple and ash trees, city statues and public art.
A stay at our Portland boutique hotel means you’ll be close to the best destinations, restaurants and attractions Portland has to offer this fall. Whether you’re here for business, pleasure or looking for an event space in Portland, the team at Hotel Eastlund looks forward to helping you discover this beautiful city!