McMinnville and Dundee
Just an hour drive south of Portland leads you to an impossibly charming town that also boasts big city perks and amenities. Third Street is so picturesque, it could easily double as a movie backdrop. No wonder so many savvy Portlanders escape to McMinnville for a relaxing day or weekend!
Dubbed as the “Heart of Oregon Wine Country,” McMinnville’s biggest draw is its proximity to world-class wineries specializing in Pinot Noirs. So pack your day-trip bags, and gear up for a delicious getaway.
Duane & Joanne’s Picks for an incredible day trip:
Book with the link below to receive 10% off our Best Available Rate!
- Coeur de Terre – Coeur de Terre is truly a family business – come visit to see what makes this place so special. We believe in working sustainably with nature to create a healthy environment for their vines and family. Stop by to receive two complimentary tastings.
- Methven – Methven Family Wines is famous for boutique wines including Riesling, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Gamay Noir and Pinot Noir. Our 2013 Gamay Noir was a “Best of Show” winner at the 2015 Portland Seafood & Wine Festival. Receive two complimentary tastings when you visit.
- Zerba Cellars Tasting Room – Zerba Cellars is a family-owned, estate winery located in the heart of the Walla Walla Valley. We own three estate vineyards in the appellation’s most exciting viticultural zones, and are fortunate to work with a wide range of grape varieties and vineyard sources. Each vineyard and grape variety has a unique character that contributes to the quality, complexity and balance of our individual wines. Each grape variety is hand-crafted separately, and we conduct rigorous blending trials that combine discipline and creativity to produce wines that are greater than the sum of their parts. Stop in to receive two complimentary tastings.
- Dobbes Tasting Room – Our flights include a sample of 5 wines, so you can compare and contrast while you learn about our hand-crafted, highly acclaimed selections from our knowledgeable staff. We make a variety of different wines including Chardonnay, Viognier, Grenache Blanc, Pinot Noir, Syrah and Port, so there’s sure to be something to please every palate. Come visit and receive two complimentary tastings.
- Red Hills Market – Whether you come by for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, our restaurant hand crafts dishes for your enjoyment. Located in the heart of Oregon wine country, Red Hills Market is the gathering place for local farmers, chefs, and winemakers. Here, you can enjoy the bountiful fruits of our local farms. Our marketplace is also a vibrant restaurant offering locally sourced, hand crafted breakfast, sandwiches, wood-fired pizzas, salads, soups and seasonally inspired dishes.