Summertime Happenings in Portland
There’s a reason the locals in Portland endure a seemingly endless winter full of rain and overcast skies, and that reason is summer. When the clouds finally part and the temperature start to rise, we’re treated to some of the best summer weather in the country. Planning a Portland getaway this summer? There are plenty of events, festivals, concerts and more to keep you entertained throughout your stay. You can always check out our all-new event calendar for ideas of what to do in Portland this summer, but here are some of the highlights:
- Every May, the City of Roses throws itself a party in the form of the Portland Rose Festival. Featuring more than 60 events, this festival goes from late May to the second weekend of June and is filled with parades, carnivals and fun for all ages. It all starts with a spectacular firework show on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend!
- Everyone knows the PDX culinary scene is legendary, but it’s not just all about restaurants and food trucks. Each summer, Portland’s many farmers’ markets come to life, creating a foodie paradise loaded with fresh, seasonal produce and locally-crafted eats.
- Known by all as a gay-friendly community and destination, Portland is open and accepting to every kind of visitor. Each June, it gets even friendlier with the Portland Pride Festival and Parade and various LGBT celebrations throughout the month.
- Calling all beer lovers! The Portland International Beer Festival showcases more than 150 brews from 15+ countries to a fun beer garden setting in the Lloyd District’s Holladay Park.
- The Waterfront Blues Festival, the biggest blues festival west of the Mississippi, rocks crowds on the riverbank in Portland’s Waterfront Park with five days of music from top national acts and a patriotic firework display on the Fourth of July.
- Every summer, The Big Float sets sail on the Willamette River with a fleet of lazily-floating inner tubes and a beach party just south of the Hawthorne Bridge in downtown’s Waterfront Park.
- It’s a month full of Waterfront Park events! At the Oregon Brewers Festival, craft breweries from around the country bring more than 80 beers to the largest gathering of independent brewers in North America.
- Beneﬁtting Special Olympics Oregon, The Bite is one of Portland’s most popular summertime events. Sample bites created by locally-renowned chefs, sip regional wines in the wine garden and say “cheers!” in the beer garden, all while enjoying live music, chef demonstrations and family entertainment.
- The Providence Bridge Pedal is an annual bike ride across Portland’s bridges that further solidifies the city’s bike-friendly status. With 10 bridges partially closing to cars, bicyclists are offered beautiful, rare views and a choice of rides ranging in distance from 14-36 miles.
A stay at our Portland luxury hotel means you’ll be close to the best summertime destinations, restaurants and events Portland has to offer! Whether you’re at Hotel Eastlund for business or pleasure, we look forward to making your stay a memorable one this summer!