Portland’s Merry and Bright Light Displays
As the days grow darker, the city of Portland grows lighter with festive, eye-catching light displays. Portland is full of bright ways to usher in the holidays. We’ve listed some of our favorites below.
- ZooLights. Now through January 1, visit the Portland Zoo after dark for a unique, family-favorite display of lights. In addition to animal viewing (both real and animatronic), enjoy the popular ZooLights train all decked out for the holidays, a variety of food carts, Santa sightings and more.
- Christmas Festival of Lights. Every December, 500,000 lights transform Portland’s Grotto for its Christmas Festival of Lights. Delight in nearly 160 choral performances, outdoor caroling, puppet shows and a live petting zoo as you soak up the sights, sounds and sensations of the season.
- Winter Wonderland. Portland International Raceway kicks off the season with the largest drive-through holiday light show in the Northwest. Winter Wonderland allows you to revel in its dazzling display while staying bundled up in the car. It’s the perfect option for those all-too-common rainy NW nights.
- Christmas Ship Parade. Some of Portland’s most beautiful natural wonders, the Columbia and Willamette rivers, also shine this season with the Christmas Ship Parade. As one of the city’s longest-standing traditions and with over 60 festive ships delighting shore-bound gazers, this water-friendly parade is sure to be a hit this December.
- Peacock Lane. The residents of Portland’s Peacock Lane have had their houses all-aglow since the 1920s. Each year, homeowners in this quaint neighborhood bust out the twinkle lights, rotating Christmas trees, nativity scenes and more as bright season’s greetings. Stroll through the charming area to see the holidays in a whole new light.
A stay at our Portland luxury hotel means you’ll be close to the best destinations, restaurants and attractions Portland has to offer. Whether you’re here for business, pleasure or looking for an event space in Portland, the team at Hotel Eastlund looks forward to helping you discover this beautiful city!